January 2014 OPA Update
The Office of Pharmacy Affairs will be sending out e-mails to FQHC Authorizing Officials and their Primary Contact (if applicable) in regards to the upcoming February, 2013 Recertification. The first e-mail will just be a reminder; the actual re-certification e-mail will go to the Authorizing Official only. At this time the tentative re-certification dates will be February 10- March 14, 2014.
At this time, please verify that your Authorizing Official’s e-mail address is up to date for all sites (Parent and Child) in the OPA database http://opanet.hrsa.gov/opa/. Recertification is directly contingent upon the Authorizing Official’s receipt of the Username and Password from HRSA in February to begin the process.
For Clarification Purposes:
• 340B recertification and change request forms must be submitted by an “Authorizing Official,” which the OPA defines as “someone who can bind the organization to a contract, such as the CEO, CFO, COO, Executive Director, President or Vice President of the entity.”
• The Electronic Change Request form can be found here (before recertification begins)
• The OPA has posted a frequently asked questions (FAQs) document:
• HRSA’s latest Recertification Guide
• Questions directly regarding Recertification should be sent to this e-mail address:
Please contact us if you have questions or concerns as they relate to this upcoming process.